Passport distributed by the Indian government for the nation residents or naturalization. The passport is mainly helpful to travel desired foreign countries and confirm the holder is a citizen distributed country along with establishing the cardholder identity.
The importance of passport:-
A passport is an important document circulated by the specific government to the appropriate holders in the country verify the holder’s identity as well citizenship. It is important if the candidate desired to spend the vacation or job purpose to the overseas passport acceptable identification form. It is also now valid as an identity document in the local region or foreign countries.
Passport types in India:-
There are three different passports distributed by GOI in the following.
- Normal passport Type P: It is a personal passport denotes ordinary passport distributed to healthy individuals and general usage of passport for business or holiday trip.
- Official passport Type S: The term S indicates Service official passport distributed for an individual travel overseas for state work or official government.
- Diplomatic passport Type D: The term D shows Diplomat distributed to the candidate who travels official government task like posted overseas.
How to check passport status India?
The candidate who completed the entire passport application process and you have to wait for awhile until passport issued. In the short duration, you can only check the passport application status to maintain updated. Some reasons why you want to see the passport status if you need to make some changes, updates, modifications, or corrections in the passport.
How to track passport status via online:-
- To do the tracking process, you should visit the online PSP portal passportindia.gov.in.
- The homepage of the website will obtain “Track Your Application Status” just click, and the page will redirect to a fresh page.
- You have to choose appropriate one from 3 different types.
- Application status.
- RTI status.
- Official application or diplomatic status.
- Select the first option application status.
- Now, the page asks the user to provide the file number.
- Initially, the file number includes 15 alphanumeric characters that accessible on the acknowledgment card.
- The card distributed at the application process ends at the psk denotes exit counter distributed at the standard application process SPC, CSC, DPC.
- You can make certain passport status through the use of reference file number.
- The last field needs you to fill the date of birth and see passport application status.
- If you submitted the required details correctly, you would quickly transfer into the status page.
- You can see essential things of the passport holder like file number, first and last name; application submission date and passport present status.
Passport track via National call center:-
For passport tracking inquiry or other related services of investigations, you have to directly contact the National call center for the passport by use of the toll-free number.
You can also enter the file number via IVR or communicate with the customer representative to whom you need to give file number along with the birth date.
Passport status track through helpdesk:-
You can explore the details in the complaint and feedback section of the online passport official website. PSKs (Passport Seva Kenras) obtain a help desk assist you with Indian passport inquiries on updates or application status. The online passport portal hosts helpdesk that specifically deals email inquiries. If you need to you can contact passport office through the call to the passport office or via email.
Track passport status via SMS:-
The mobile phone is the best way for best SMS service that you will get a status update on the passport application. You have to make sure payment Rs.30 payable amount once in the enrollment duration. You can simply pay and join service at the passport seva Kendra where you go to apply. In addition to, you can receive further updates automatic and application notifications. You can also utilize the service to get text inquiries for application track. The user should send a text message by entering STATUS and single space and give 15 digit file number directly to 9704100100.
Passport status track via mPassport Seva app:-
Now, my Passport Seva app is extremely easier to track the passport application status without the hassle and reduce a lot of time. It is an alternative way for the user to receive further details related to passport status check. The app is specifically accessible on all major platforms like iOS, Windows, Android, and Blackberry. The user can download from the play store, Apple Store, Windows Store and BlackBerry World. If you decided to track the passport application status through the app first you have to enter the file number appropriate as well as birth date. In addition, you can simply utilize the mobile app to track the status of passport delivery in an easy way.
Status types of Indian passport:-
Now, you can focus on the passport status consistently updated via passport application and while you track the passport application you have to come across status messages shows progress via the system.
- Application submitted.
- Application process under review or review for the particular reason.
- Police verification started or pending.
- Police verification statuses submitted or review progress or not clear.
- Passport approved or printed or posted or returned or undelivered.
- PCC application granted or forwarded.
The report of the application form along with payment has been paid and submitted.
Application process under review or review for particular reason:-
The report shows application is in progress or evaluated for the need of documentation or details modification. You need to enter into the PSK to arrange this out.
Police verification started or pending:-
If the PV request has been raised by the Passport Office related to the police department or if it claimed is yet to be carried out.
Police verification statuses submitted or review progress or not clear:-
The police verification status attained after completed and subsequently the PV status submitted by the relevant police department to the POF.